--- Greg Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea how much overhead Apache::DProf or
> Apache::SmallProf add? Will it be possible to use these on a
> production system without having a severe impact?

Apache::DProf adds relatively small overhead as it only profiles at
function level. I found SmallProf to be very expensive; it at least
doubled the execution times, which is quite understandable if you want
line level profiling. Maybe a combination of the two would be the best.

Another issue is stability; I get random coredumps trying to use DProf,
which usually means that the gathered profiling data is lost for that
httpd child. AFAIK there is no way to make DProf flush gathered data
before the child actually exists.

Hope it helps: Balazs