sorry - you peaked my interest so I have to jump the gun a little.
are you basing it on unique host names which are resolved by
some type of dns delegation?

if so, only problem is with SSL pages. the host name has to
match the one in the certificate otherwise the browser will
give a warning.  in this case we would have to rely on the
first HTTP_REFERER from a non SSL page,
and then back to mangled URL's or hidden fields
(we know we are using a form or we wouldn't need SSL).

cliff rayman
genwax.com