Jech Bernard wrote:

> > For now the output functions of Embperl can't handle binary data. What
> you
> > can do is, set optEarlyHttpHeader (must be set in your httpd.conf), so
> the
> > headers are send, before the page is generated. Now you are able to use
> > mod_perl's output function. You can simply use print (not [+ ... +]) to
> > output your binary data.
>
> > Another possibility is to write a small Apache::Registry script which
> > handles the request and does the output, since there seems nothing todo
> for
> > Embperl in this case, as far as I see.
>

> It looks like the output function stops at the first null character
> (C-style strings problem??).

i bet you are correct.

> Let's be honest about this. It is a bug and it can be fixed. It would
> make Embperl much more useful than it is now. If it can't be done,
> which I doubt, I recommend everybody switching to PHP3. It is more
> consistent, and it does not suffer from this kind of mysterious
> problems.

you've got to be kidding.  php3 is not 1/2 as powerful as embperl.
so it has a bug - if it is a bug - along with every other piece of
software on the planet.  embperl allow you to use direct modperl
calls to do anything you want.  these restrictions just need to be more well
documented, and the work arounds provided as part of the
documentation.

cliff rayman
genwax.com