not looking to be completely ignored, or removed from
the mailing list, but thanks for the kind thought  :-(

sorry for the off-topic test messages.

my problem has been solved.
turns out my isp had a routing problem.
i could communicate with most of the internet without
a problem, but i noticed that i was not getting any
modperl traffic and i could not get to www.apache.org.

I originally assumed that something was going on with
the apache servers, and that is why i sent the original TEST message.
i eventually figured out it had something to
do with my ISP.  of course it took me some time and some yelling
to find someone at my tier-1 ISP that actually understood networking
well enough to solve my problem.  Of couse, this was really a
routing problem at their end which was effecting a portion of
their other customers.

i always thought i could set-up monitoring from remote
locations so that i would be 100% assured that my site was
up and working.  now i realize, i could have 10 monitoring
stations around the net all telling me everything was working
perfectly, but a big population of the net could still not reach me
and there would be no way for me to know or hear about it in a timely
manner.

cliff rayman
genwax.com