On Monday, Jul 7, 2003, at 20:50 Europe/London, Ged Haywood wrote:

On 7 Jul 2003, Walter H. van Holst wrote:

I am new to mod_perl and am trying to figure out whether it suits my
needs or not. Can I use it to intercept any http CONNECT requests Apache
receives and answer those?

The concept of a connection is at the transport level, way below HTTP. The HTTP protocol simply assumes a reliable transport (you don't even need an Internet:) and deals with exchanges of messages. See RFC1945.

Sorry Ged, Walter is talking about CONNECT which is a proxy request. It goes in place of GET or POST in the request line:

CONNECT mail.openrelay.com:25 HTTP/1.1

I *think* mod_perl will be able to intercept this, but I've never tried it. You might need to do it very early on in the request, and make sure it gets passed through to mod_proxy later on or things just won't work.

Matt.