A rather weird problem:

It's mon-0.99.2 on SuSE 8.1, perl 5.8.0 (compiled with gcc 3.2
if it is relevant)

monshow segfaults when there is a failed watch with a long output
(~40 lines, in my particular case foundry-chassis.monitor).

        kastus@bursa:~> /usr/sbin/monshow
        Segmentation fault

If the output from failed watches is not long, monshow runs fine.

I can run monshow from a different system against the same mon server
with a failed watch and long output from it,
the other system is SuSE 7.3, perl is 5.6.1 compiled with gcc 2.95,
and it does not segfault.

When run under gdb, it produces the following:

(gdb) run -T /usr/sbin/monshow
Starting program: /usr/bin/perl -T /usr/sbin/monshow
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 17993)]

[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 17993)]
0x0810532f in S_regmatch ()

mon server runs fine, no problems with any of the monitors.
moncmd is just fine too, even running "/usr/sbin/moncmd list failures"

If I understand it correctly, the officially stable version of
perl is 5.8.0. Is that it is not stable enough to run mon?

Has anybody else experienced similar problems with mon and perl 5.8.0?

Thank you for any information,

--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator