I'm just trying to cover the bases by asking the mon list.

We have several Drupal web sites. They require that cron.php be accessed from the web site periodically to trigger the processing of events. So, I just added that into my mon configuration using

   service biology_drupal
       description poke the drupal cron.php updater for Biology
       exclude_hosts snapper pilot marlin
       interval 60m
       randskew 6m
       monitor http.monitor -u "/biology/cron.php"
       depend SELF:http
       period wd {Sun-Sat}
           alert mail.alert n...@example.com
upalert mail.alert -S "Biology Drupal pokes alright now (oeb/cron.php)" n...@example.com
           alertevery 45m

I know mon is doing it. There have been times when I've received alerts from mon relating to this service. Also, when I look at the Apache access_log, I see the lines that indicate that the server running mon has issued a "get" for /biology/cron.php.

172.30.52.128 - - [10/Nov/2009:07:52:31 -0500] "GET /biology/cron.php HTTP/1.0" 200 -

However, the web guys say it isn't happening. They are speaking from the Drupal admin perspective, and say that the Drupal reports indicate no such calls. When they do it by hand from a normal web browser, they see it.

71.192.210.47 - - [10/Nov/2009:07:18:58 -0500] "GET /biology/cron.php HTTP/1.1" 200 -

So, can there possibly be anything different about the http.monitor, wget, and a normal web browser in the way they access this page? I do note that my get was HTTP/1.0 and theirs was 1.1. However, one of the other web guys showed up as 1.0 as well, and I can't really see that making a difference.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator