Hi,
Could someone give me some direction of how I could get Mon alerts into a database? The objective it to look into creating an alert management system requiring a DB.

It doesn't seem Mon can input to a DB nativity.

dtlog seems to be updated only when an alert is restored (allowing total downtime info), so making a database management system with this is not going to be effective. Can logs for DOWN and UP alerts be sent to a syslog, and then continuously scrape the syslog entering data into a DB? what are the basic tools to do this?

Sorry if ive missed an obvious search. But any quick pointers to get me looking in the right direction would be appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony