On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Jim Trocki <troc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> Not being executable, I think, should be the test, rather than merely
>> not being present.
>
> well, both are tested and if problems are found, reported to syslog.
> other related troubles are reported as well.

I believe you, but wasn't seeing them in syslog, even with "-d" in the
command line. I see a check for the existence of the directory and its
report to syslog, but not for the absence of a particular monitor
tool, or even if I yank the /usr/local/lib/mon/mon.d directory.. I'm
not sure why. Looks like I'd like to review the settings for rsyslog,
used on Debian, but due to typical system security, it's often awkward
for a non-root user to parse through these logs.

If I can talk you, as the original author, to enhance your perl,  to
report a "missing" status rather than merely "untested", I'd
appreciate that quite a lot.