Camilo Lopez <cam...@camilolopez.com> wrote:
> We want to know what was going on with a lazy worker, KILL is un-trappable so
> we
> are sending TERM instead, then to make sure the process really dies we are
> KILLing a second later.

Sorry, no.  I've rejected similar patches in the past.  If your process
is capable of responding to SIGTERM, the Ruby VM is still in good shape
and capable of doing timeouts within itself.

Use application timeouts, which work without modifying unicorn
(and work on servers other than unicorn):
http://unicorn.bogomips.org/Application_Timeouts.html