Jérémy Lecour <jeremy.lec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric and all,
>
> I'm sorry if I'm the dumbest guy in the room, but I absolutely don't
> understand what I have to do to stay in the mailing list.

Sorry about the confusion, I'll try to clarify...

> Would you mind explaining what a regular subscriber has to do to keep
> receiving those emails in their inbox?

You use ssoma[1] to to import mail into your inbox.  This is like how
slrnpull works with NNTP or getmail/fetchmail works with POP.  It's
only a one-way sync, but you can import it into an IMAP folder.

Currently there's no SMTP delivery component, but I could probably set
one up this week if there's enough demand for one.  The subscriber list
will be public, though.

[1] http://ssoma.public-inbox.org/

Taken from http://unicorn.bogomips.org/ISSUES
based on what I wrote in:
http://bogomips.org/unicorn-public/m/20140421183728.ga27...@dcvr.yhbt.net.html

        URL=git://bogomips.org/unicorn-public
        LISTNAME=unicorn

        # to initialize a maildir (this may be a new or existing maildir,
        # ssoma will not touch existing messages)
        # If you prefer mbox, use mbox:/path/to/mbox as the last argument
        # You may also use imap://$MAILSERVER/INBOX for an IMAP account
        # or imaps:// for an IMAPS account, as well.
        ssoma add $LISTNAME $URL maildir:/path/to/maildir

        # read with your favorite MUA (only using mutt as an example)
        mutt -f /path/to/maildir # (or /path/to/mbox)

        # to keep your mbox or maildir up-to-date, periodically run the
following:
        ssoma sync $LISTNAME

        # your MUA may modify and delete messages from the maildir or mbox,
        # this does not affect ssoma functionality at all

        # to sync all your ssoma subscriptions
        ssoma sync

        # You may wish to sync in your cronjob
        ssoma sync --cron
__
http://bogomips.org/unicorn-public/ - unicorn-pub...@bogomips.org
please quote as little as necessary when replying