Thanks Grey for the answer.    My .02.    What this prevents is casual bidding.
  Where in the past,   I would be watching the auction around a item I was
bidding on,  and many times than not,  I would end up bidding on another item.
  This new process requires that I bid on everything I may even have the
slightest bit of interest in.  Then click around and keep checking etc...
Try doing that on your phone when you are away from a computer...

Is there a reason Heritage switched to this?  Are they doing it for all their
auctions?

Ira