Hi Dan,

The error message is straightforward: it is an issue with your data. The error
message and tells you that there are differing numbers of observations
somewhere: in your gpagen output, your sex, your locality, or some combination.
 Check the upstream code in your data preparation pipeline to confirm that you
haven’t deleted some specimens in one or more of the components that you are
trying to combine.

Below is an example replicating the error you found. In the first example, all
components have the same number of observations so all is copesetic. In the
second, I delete one specimen in the ‘species’ vector, but not in the
corresponding site and shape components. When I try to combine these I get the
same error you found: just as I should.

Best,

Dean

###
data(plethodon)
Y.gpa <- gpagen(plethodon$land)
gdf <- geomorph.data.frame(Y.gpa, spec = plethodon$species, site =
plethodon$site)

plethodon$species <- plethodon$species[-30] #delete one
gdf2 <- geomorph.data.frame(Y.gpa, spec = plethodon$species, site =
plethodon$site)
Error in geomorph.data.frame(Y.gpa, spec = plethodon$species, site =
plethodon$site) :
  Inputs have different numbers of observations

###

Dr. Dean C. Adams (he/him)
Distinguished Professor of Evolutionary Biology
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
Iowa State University
https://faculty.sites.iastate.edu/dcadams/