From: morphmet2@googlegroups.com <morphmet2@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Mauro Cavalcanti
Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2024 2:52 PM
To: Morphmet <morphmet2@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [MORPHMET2] Error attempting running 'plotAllSpecimens()' function in
geomorph R package

Dear ALL,

I have been getting an error when attempting to run function plotAllSpecimens()
in geomorph R. package version 4.0.7 (the latest). The error appears when I
attempt to pass a list of parameters to customize the plot.

I tried the following:

data(plethodon)
Y.gpa<-gpagen(plethodon$land, print.progress = FALSE)
plotAllSpecimens(Y.gpa$coords,links=plethodon$links,label=TRUE, plot.param =
list(pt.bg<http://pt.bg> = "green", mean.cex=1, link.col="red", txt.pos=3,
txt.cex=1))

The error message below is displayed:

Error in plotAllSpecimens(Y.gpa$coords, links = plethodon$links, label = TRUE,
:

  unused argument (plot.param = list(pt.bg<http://pt.bg> = "green", mean.cex =
1, link.col = "red", txt.pos = 3, txt.cex = 1))

Looking quickly at the function source, I could not discern any obvious
problems.

I am currently running R version 4.3.2 and get the warming messages below when

Warning messages:

1: package ‘geomorph’ was built under R version 4.3.3

2: package ‘rgl’ was built under R version 4.3.3

Could someone out there provide some hints on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

With best regards,

--
Dr. Mauro J. Cavalcanti