Not sure if word is getting out about numerous spruce grouse being seen on Hwy
1 south of the Kawisihiwi River. All reports I have are second-hand, so I don't
have complete details, but here's what I have. Seven were seen on Hwy 1 on or
about Jan 10 between the Kawishiwi River and FR1902, and two more were seen
further south from there. Two were seen "in the same vicinity" on Jan. 9. The
most striking report was of about 50 birds during a drive by someone traveling
up Hwy 1. Regardless of whether the estimate is off, this person saw quite a
few birds because I saw video taken by him of groups of 10, 7 and 3 birds.