This is the last call for Savaloja grant proposals for 2019. Grants can be
awarded for projects that increase our understanding of birds, promote
preservation of birds and their natural habitats, or increase public interest
in birds. Proposals that include those currently underrepresented in
Minnesota's birding community are welcome as a means of broadening public
support for birds and their habitat.

Details on past projects and how to apply can be found at
http://moumn.org/grants.html. The deadline for receipt of grant applications is
January 20, 2019. Grant recipients will be notified by April 1, 2019.

A record $17,000 is available for 2019 grants, thanks to the MOU Board’s
decision at their November 30 meeting and the generosity of our members over
the past year. To continue this level of support, though, we’ll need to up our
game in 2019. If you’d like to become a supporter of Savaloja projects that
benefit birds in 2019, please go to http://moumn.org/signup.html, click on the
Donate link and contribute what you can. Just be sure to put “Savaloja
Donation” in the “Add Special Instructions to Seller” box.

Steve Wilson
Chair, MOU Savaloja Committee