This is the first request for proposals for 2023 Savaloja grants. Last year we
received the fewest proposals since 2002, no doubt because of pandemic-related
complications in conducting projects. Consequently, not all available funds
were awarded. Let’s not let that happen again!

If you have an idea for a project that increases our understanding of birds,
promotes preservation of birds and their natural habitats, or increases public
interest in birds, information and application guidelines are at
https://moumn.org/grants.php. Proposals that involve those currently
underrepresented in Minnesota's birding community are welcome as a means of
broadening public support for birds and their habitat. The application deadline
for 2023 projects is January 20.