An apparent Little Blue Heron was found at Salt Lake yesterday afternoon.

It is showing up as an eBird report (by Nolan Meyer) now. He has a pic of
it crouching in a patch of phragmites.

I was down there yesterday evening between 6:45 and sunset, and didn't see
it. But I did see the picture, and to me it looks like a good call.

It was seen along the western bay, between the peninsula and the farm. This
is the point of access from the SD side, across the road from Zoar Church.

PLEASE NOTE: The line between public and private land cuts and east-west
line through the center of the bay.

When exploring the bay and peninsula, please do not hike to the southern or
southwest corner of the bay. That's somebody's yard. Stick to the
north/northwest side of it and you'll be fine.

Here is the DNR's map of the property line:

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wmas/detail_report.html?id=WMA0091101

Also note: the easiest approach to this location would be from the south,
taking the border road (111th) north from Hwy 212. The roads around the NW
corner of Salt Lake could be difficult for low-riding 2-wheel drive
vehicles right now.

Jason Frank
Ortonville MN