Good instructions! Basically the same instructions also work for XP and
Vista. Except on 32-bit systems you don't need the ' (x86)' after Program
Files. (I used to use 32-bit XP and Vista and am now on 64-bit 7 myself.)

The only thing I do differently is that I prefer the standard emacs:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/. Also
FAQ<http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/>
.

It would be nice to have a script that set up the environment variable for
you. Maybe I'll do that sometime.

- Lyle