Ok .. I guessed it turned out to be the one computer we were testing
on. Three other machines (WinXP and 2k) seemed to all run the demo
perfectly with just the Mozilla ActiveX Control installed.

Which begs the question .. since Navigate2 doesn't return any error
codes, is there any way to tell what's not working when you can get
the demo application to run but not load any pages? The status bar
doesn't show any messages, no error message boxes appear, nothing. We
tried installing Firefox on the same machine, and it works perfectly.