Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
I am trying to find out how exactly I can download a XML file from a remote website and store it into a local file using JS. Can someone give me simple sample JS/XPConnect code to download a file from a remote website and store it locally?

sorry, I have no actual code, but I can describe a way to do that: 1. create a channel for the uri, using nsIIOService 2. create an nsIDownloader object and init it 3. asyncOpen the channel, passing the nsIDownloader as its streamlistener

(this does, of course, not only work for xml files but for any kind of file)