Von: Bullock, Rebecca (CSC) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. September 2003 02:21
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: Disaster Recovery scenario for Unix box?

Bill, if the only reason you're dong the backups nightly is to be sure you
have the required object definitions, then why don't you just plan to create
a new qmgr with the correct name and reload the objects/security stuff from
the definitions? You can back those up using the saveqmgr SupportPac and the
amqoamd command (OK, I may have that last one wrong since I did it from
memory and I'm too tired/lazy to go look it up -- but it's at least close).

Depending on the particular qmgr and application in question and how
critical it is, we may use any one of the following:

Veritas clustering
Two qmgrs with client channel tables
Simply create a new qmgr on another box and reload the definitions

It all depends.... (Don't you hate it when people respond with that?)

Rebecca Bullock
Computer Sciences Corporation
MFCoE

Princeton, NJ  08541