There is no way I'm going to sacrifice my channels by not having a DLQ,
when some nondeliverable message comes across the channel without a
disposition value of MQRO_DISCARD_MSG. My sleep at night is to important to
me and the health of the channels is far to important to the rest of the
business applications depending on them, to let a channel stop over a
non-deliverable message from an application that is not designed to
understand the default DLQ processing.

I would work it out between the expectations of this application/product
and the expectations/rules of your DLQHandler. But don't lose the DLQ
itself.

Rick

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |   Jeff A Tressler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Sent by: MQSeries List              |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Friday September 26, 2003 01:17 PM  |
|         |   Please respond to MQSeries List     |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          |
  |       cc:
                |
  |       Subject:   Dead Letter Queue

Hi, have many of you decided to NOT use a Dead Letter Queue? We are
looking into a product that uses MQSeries as a transport layer. The tool
assumes there is no DLQ.

What happens is it sets the Exception Report option so if the remote queue
if full, it returns an exception to the send portion of the tool. So if
there is a DLQ
and a DLQHandler running, the message may be recycled to the original queue
and processed but the sending side throws an exception.

Jeff Tressler