> (1) Sources could not be downloaded automatically. You need browser.
> What should distributive build cluster do?

There's nothing magic about downloading the sources, just use any
command-line URL tool (wget, curl, etc):

wget
http://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/MSPGCC/latest/exports/msp430-gcc-source.tar.bz2

> (3) There are no instructions at all!
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --target=mdp430 && gmake all

I use ./configure --prefix=... --target=msp430-elf --enable-languages=c,c++ &&
make && make install

If you're building the upstream sources, it's a bit trickier because
they're separate packages, but as long as you use --target=msp430-elf
any of the "how to build a cross compiler" instructions should suffice.

>  fails in early stages with different problems, looks like it is very
> Linux-specific (stock binutils/gcc could be build virtually anywhere!)

It shouldn't be Linux specific.  We build it for Linux (native) and
MinGW (cross).  If you include the specific error messages perhaps we
could suggest solutions...

Note that - in general - cross builds tend to have stricter
requirements about available tools than native builds.  For example, a
cross gcc build is allowed to require that the native compiler is g++,
whereas a native gcc build has to allow pretty much any C++ compiler.

(Also note that *I* don't like unneeded restrictions, and other
compilers should work fine as long as they're mostly compatible :)