Hi all,
I'm experiencing some issues when switching between smartcards; I
posted a problem description in gpg mailing list but it could be worth
to post also here as I'm not sure where the problem lies. If this is
not the right place, sorry for the noise.

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2013-October/047764.html

Simply put, I'm unable to switch smarcards.
The scenario is the followig: I have two different cards with two different set
of keys. (E,S,A)

I have card A inserted in smartcard reader (HP Folio 9470m build in reader)
==============
[mer ott  2 14:41:28 2013] usb 2-1.8: New USB device found, idVendor=058f,
idProduct=9540
[mer ott  2 14:41:28 2013] usb 2-1.8: New USB device strings: Mfr=1,
Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[mer ott  2 14:41:28 2013] usb 2-1.8: Product: EMV Smartcard Reader
==============

The card is working fine.
Now I get an email signed with a different card (B) and a popup tells me to
switch cards.
I do that, a popup appears requesting the PIN, but once entered kmail
complains that it is unable to decrypt the message.

after that, gpg --card-status reports "card not present" but the card is
inserted. (card B)

pcscd is crashed, looking at dmesg I see this:
 pcscd[10595]: segfault at 7f00beef8026 ip 00007f00beef8026 sp
00007f00beee7f30 error 14 in libc-2.17.so[7f00bf319000+1a0000]

So I restart pcscd, then I have to kill scdaemon ... but it requires a kill
-9, it seems scdaemon gets stuck.

After that, a gpg --card-status works again, but if I try to decrypt again the
message the decryption fails in the same way, scdaemon stuck and so on.

The only effective way to get the system working again is to reboot the
laptop... quite a invasive one.

admittedly, it could be a hardware glitch, but this does not accounts for
scdaemon lock and pcscd segfault.

Tech infos:
distro: gentoo
Linux 3.11.3
glibc 2.17

pcscd from sys-apps/pcsc-lite-1.8.8-r1
(pcsc-lite version 1.8.8)
app-crypt/gnupg-2.0.21
(gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.21 libgcrypt 1.5.3 )

Any help will be appreciated; for more information or debug just ask (with
some suggestion, I'm a bit stuck here :) )

Many thanks for any answer.

--
Fabio