From: Peter Lovatt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 9/9/2004 9:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Sanjeev Sagar
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Sanjeev Sagar
Subject: RE: Multiple MysQL servers with different IP address on same machine

Hi

We have a machine with 2 IP addresses and mysql 3.23 on one and 4.10 on the
other. Both using port 3306

One instance listens on localhost, which maps to 127.0.0.1, and also on one
of the public IP addreses and the other listens to the other IP address.

I use the IP address in the connection string and so far it  works fine. I
am in the process of setting up the server, and only have phpmyadmin
installed (twice - one installation per mysql server) but that works
correctly, so I expect everything  else will.

HTH

Peter