Hello everyone,

I have a question on how MySQL database write to binlogs in replication
environment. My table type is MyISAM. MySQL version is 4.0.21.

I have a replication farm. Let's suppose I am running a ALTER TABLE
statement on central master and had a syntax error in table name.
Replication abort everywhere saying that table do not exists.

I need to know that how MySQL write to binlog file.

Does it write before or after a successful execution or commit the
statement. Why a syntax error statement need to hand  over to Slave IO
thread to relay log.

Is there any control like any parameter in option file or anything else
in order to control to write only those statements in binary log which
ran successful on master.

Appreciate it.