From: Erich Beyrent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:53 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: MyODBC 3.51.10

I somehow managed to download and install MyODBC 3.51.10 on my XP box, and it
connects with no
problems to my database server running version 4.1.7.

However, it seems that MySQL is only allowing downloads for 3.51.9, and when I
installed it on my
Server 2003 and attempted to connect, I get the following error:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider
upgrading MySQL client

I can only assume it's because of the older driver?

Best regards,

Erich Beyrent
Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services