On Thu, 16 May 2024, William Herrin wrote:
The message content (including the message headers) is theoretically
not used for SPF validation. In practice, some SPF validators don't
have direct access to the SMTP session so they rely on the SMTP
session placing the envelope sender in the Return-path header.

But that wasn't the problem here, the SPF record was just gone.  Oops.

I see that the SPF record is back and seems have the correct addresses so we can now return to our previously scheduled flamage.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",