Welcome neighbor.    Well, close enough – Everett.

Michail Wilson
206-920-6312

From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Ryan B
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2021 6:22 PM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [neonixie-l] Thanks for the add...and Happy New Year!

Hello All!

My name is Ryan, I'm 37, from Spokane, WA, USA. I am a very amateur electronics
enthusiast. As a kid I liked playing with the Radio Shack 200 in 1 kits but
after the age of 13 or so my interest waned until about three years ago when I
thought I was buying some numitron tubes that ended up being VFD tubes. From
there I saw an analog Nixie clock that someone had made using relays and
rotating PCBs to indicate the time. I bought a handful of IN-2 tubes because I
thought they were the smallest and could maybe make a watch from them. Since
then I have increased my collection to fifty or so tubes. I buy the tubes with
a project in mind then squirrel them away until I have the rest of the
components to build them. I use KiCAD for my PCB design.

So far, I have built a couple nixie watch kits from labkit.ru and one VFD watch
from the same source. I have also built two of Paul Andrews nixie pendants.
That's pretty much it. Now my girlfriend wants an IN-18 clock for the living
room so that's on the list as well.

I am currently trying to design a watch using IV-16 numitron tubes and am
making some necklaces using IN-19 tubes.

Thanks for adding me to the group, I am primarily here to see your projects,
get a bit of help when I can and hopefully find some tubes I need when I have
exhausted my sources (or learn of new tube sources when I can!)

Ryan
neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/2abaf572-03d5-4cb7-be3b-a75cd83ea33bn%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/2abaf572-03d5-4cb7-be3b-a75cd83ea33bn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.