From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
newxito
Sent: Sunday, February 7, 2021 4:54 PM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [neonixie-l] USB connector shield

I'm trying to make a CPU load indicator with 3 IN-12. This is my first project
using USB power and data from a PC
I'm not sure about the shield of the USB connector, Google is a little bit
confusing about this point...
Basically I found 3 different opinions:

1. Do not ground the shield
2. Ground the shield
3. Connect the shield to ground trough a 33k resistor

Can somebody give me advise?
neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/8acdfa93-38c3-4ae6-b218-b5b1073fbed8n%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/8acdfa93-38c3-4ae6-b218-b5b1073fbed8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.