That is my video, but I didn’t know it before I clicked the link.

I have no idea why it says comments are disabled.   I wonder if someone
complained that it wasn’t for kids?  You know Nixie Porn.

Michail

From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Richard Scales
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:42 PM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] Re: B7971 DUSTOFF Board Interest

The only problem in doing that - as far as I can tell - is that the B5971 does
not have the same number of segments, I believe that the centre vertical
segment is one long piece from top to bottom as opposed to being made up of two
parts.
Whilst it may be possible to handle the switching of this with some electronics
it would be easier to do it in software - re-mapping all the characters to deal
with the difference.
Over at the Smart-Sockets group you will find details of a project for the
B5971.
Here is a clip of some of them in action:  https://youtu.be/dCdzolBSNM8
I have adapted the same B-5971 controller boards and software to drive SP-101
panaplex displays and other 7 segment devices.
- Richard

On Thursday, 29 April 2021 at 01:11:11 UTC+1