Looking forward to it.

Michail Wilson
206-920-6312

From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
newxito
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2021 9:50 AM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: 14-digit nixie calculator project with clock function

In case anyone is still interested, there is some work in progress to make the
project (IN-16 and IN-17 versions) available on github.

The original project was not suitable for sharing for various reasons. I’
currently assembling two new calculators to test the changes I have made to
improve the project:

-              Smaller and simpler controller board with easy to solder parts.
A hot air gun is no longer needed. Also, the HV part has been removed, so now
you can use your favorite HV PSU (assuming it fits in the case and provides
enough current for 14 nixies).

-              The keyboard circuit has been redesigned using a classic matrix
with an ATmega328p instead of the HT16K33. It is now easier to detect
simultaneous keystrokes, so more levels of functions can be added to the
keyboard

-              The display boards have been completely redesigned to use socket
boards for the nixies. That should fix the biggest issue with the old design.
It’s now a lot easier to replace a broken tube
        (see the only document I have uploaded so far, so you can get a first
impression)

-              Major firmware changes in progress. All the settings can now be
adjusted using the keyboard, a network connection is no longer needed.
Actually, I will completely remove the network code.

If everything works as expected, I hope I will have the project ready to share
by end of June.

https://github.com/axtar/14-digits-nixie-calculator