From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Bill Notfaded
Sent: Thursday, February 3, 2022 3:25 PM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] Is it just me?

I agree with Paul.  We need a pinned thread about this.  Also Paul I'd be
willing to part with some tubes for one of your single tube clocks maybe with
some tube boards but I can order them since you've made them open source
basically.  I love your single tube clock.  It's really f'in cool stuff!  Your
website is super cool too!  I can't tell you how many times I've googled for
some weird tube and guess who's got them on his site?  Hehe props.  It's nice
when some of us can be references for others.  I wish I had more time but work
is crazy busy right now.  I got to Scottsdale Barrett Jackson this past week on
first day and last... I love cars but I think neon is even bigger fancy.

I haven't unboxed it yet but I brought that 8 tube 7971 clock and wanna see how
it's made.  It might be a one off since no one really recognized it.

I'm kinda psyched.  I preordered a big 3D resin printer called Elegoo Saturn
during their Kickstarter where they raised over 4M.  I'm hoping I can make some
larger nixie tube cases and also other stuff like missing feet for test gear
etc.  The resolution is legit.  Unlike many 3D printers you really can't see
the layers and it's finally something you can afford to buy.

There was a time when eBay was just too many things to consider but it seems
these days it's look and see if anything neat comes up.

I bought a couple Heathkit GC-1005's with a couple spare sets of SP-352 this
week.  That's my buys this week.  I thought $100 each was great price for the
clocks in mint condition?  The Babcock Beckman were 60$ for set of 3 working.
The clocks aren't flickering either.

Bill

Bill

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 7:08 AM Paul Andrews
I feel there should be a pinned thread titled “I can’t believe the price of
tubes these days”. Don’t get me wrong, I also gasp at some of the asking prices
I see!

Love those IN-18s. I would love to have a set, but I’m not sure I could justify
the asking price, and I really need to make clocks for all the tubes I already
have.