That is PCB only.  No tube.

Michail

From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Mac Doktor
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 2:18 PM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] Re: Magic Eye Replacement.

On Aug 29, 2022, at 4:41 PM, gregebert
<gregeb...@hotmail.com<mailto:gregeb...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Someday when the project backlog clears-up I'll take the 6E5 apart and make one
of these.

No need to wait. Grab one of these ($20) and start goofing around with it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193443031569

Pros
$20
Works
Socket accepts EM800, EM84
Includes Chinese 6E2 (EM84)
Has proper connectors for hookup (not terminal blocks)
12V barrel jack
3.5mm mini-phone jack
Includes mic capsule for fun with ambient sounds

Cons
Cheaply made but surprisingly good considering the price. I have no regrets.

I also bought six of these boards:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191011269169

And two packs of these sockets:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193444297823

Voila. All of the necessary sockets for EM80/EM81, EM84/EM800 and 6E5S (Soviet
6E5). I have at least two of each tube.

The seller has individual boards with some of the above tubes. They're more
expensive but...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201015164495

...the same board with a Soviet 6E1P (EM80) for $54? That's cheap and it works
straight out of the bubble wrap.

Only four left. I prefer an EM81 but EM80s are cheap.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"
https://www.astarcloseup.com

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it
said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl
Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/1E2F3562-DEAC-44C8-8640-A62E9ED7A824%40gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/1E2F3562-DEAC-44C8-8640-A62E9ED7A824%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.