From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Audrey
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 2:46 PM
To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [neonixie-l] Is there any merit to the claim that ceramic tube sockets
crack tube pins?

Some people say ceramic sockets crack tubes at the pin and cause them to go to
air and that you should use bakelite sockets

Some of my friends say they've lost tubes to it, some of them say they've
socketed countless tubes without issue.

Ive got some ceramic sockets and some 9-pin digivacs and biquinary nixies I'd
rather not kill. So what's the deal?
neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f6a89589-ace0-4dbf-b62b-b88bfe3aa8afn%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f6a89589-ace0-4dbf-b62b-b88bfe3aa8afn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.