From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Rajeev Jain
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 5:26 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: MSN v/s Iptables !

Hi,

I read some document about allowing MSN voice using Iptables and setup the following commented ruleset in my firewall rules startup file. I did it manually too but didn't help.

Could you please take a look at the ruleset below and advice me the correct order OR ruleset to allow MSN voice chat ?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Rajeev

$EXTIF=eth0=12.12.12.12 (Public IP)
$INTIF=eth1=192.168.1.1 (Private IP of Router)

#
echo "   clearing any existing rules and setting default policy.."
$IPTABLES -P INPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -F INPUT
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -F OUTPUT
$IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP
$IPTABLES -F FORWARD
$IPTABLES -t nat -F

echo "   FWD: Allow all connections OUT and only existing and related ones IN"
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INTIF -o $EXTIF -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -j LOG

#echo " Allow MSN Messenger connection "
#$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -p TCP --dport 1863 -j ACCEPT
#$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -p TCP --dport 7801:7825 -j ACCEPT
#$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -p TCP --dport 6891:6900 -j ACCEPT
#$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -d 64.4.13.0/24 -j ACCEPT

echo "   Enabling SNAT (MASQUERADE) functionality on $EXTIF"
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXTIF -j MASQUERADE

echo -e "\nrc.firewall-2.4 v$FWVER done.\n"