The basic design idea for the base model is structure that all vendors support.
Some of the examples mentioned below, like FQDN, are not supported by all
vendors and are protected by IPR (which I wasn’t aware of it). There are many
possible match conditions that could be added to the base model, like Auth
header in IPSec or IPSec encapsulation security payload to keep it with
security. There are many match conditions in Class of Services as well. All
these match conditions would have created more issues to come to consensus
about the base model, so for that reason we went with the minimal model that
would be easy for all vendors to implement.

Dean