As the action item from the netmod WG and, hopefully, last open item in the ACL
draft is the leaf input interface in the metadata grouping

grouping metadata {
    description
      "Fields associated with a packet which are not in
      the header.";
    leaf input-interface {
      type if:interface-ref {
        require-instance false;
      }
      description
        "Packet was received on this interface.";
    }
  }
}

Here are two questions:
One
Do want to have a metadata grouping in the basic ACL model? If yes, we have to
put in some leafs in there. There are implementations which use metadata as
match condition

If we agree that metadata grouping is not needed in the basic model, then the
authors would remove the grouping from the model and I believe that no more
discussion is needed on this point

Dean