> On Oct 29, 2016, at 4:01 AM, Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net> wrote:
>
> The last call period for this draft has ended.   Thank you to all that
> responded.  Given the responses received, my co-chair and I believe that the
> draft is ready to move forward.  I will begin the shepherd write-up shortly.
> In parallel, prompted by a conversation I had this morning, I’m wondering
> about the YANG module’s use of the config false nodes ‘acl-oper-data’ and
> ‘ace-oper-data’.  In particular, are the lifetimes of these nodes always the
> same as the configured nodes?

Yes, they are. When the nodes are created, they are don’t have to be attached
to an another object, like interface or RIB, etc, but they get operational
state. Once attached, (to continue with the example) operational status of
counters is changing. When detached from the interface, the last know counter
is kept, until the ace is deleted. Same is for acl-oper-data.

> - is there any need to support reporting opstate for system-generated acts?

Don’t understand your question. What is the difference between system and user
generated acls?

Dean