Authors,

Need some clarification about applied data store

In the draft, applied data store can contain data from

This data can come from several sources; from  <intended>, from dynamic
configuration protocols (e.g., DHCP), or from control-plane datastore.

The control-plane stores are not well clarified in my opinion

 The model foresees control-plane datastores that are by definition
   not part of the persistent configuration of a device.  In some
   contexts, these have been termed ephemeral datastores since the
   information is ephemeral, i.e., lost upon reboot.  The control-plane
   datastores interact with the rest of the system through the <applied>
   or <operational-state> datastores, depending on the type of data they
   contain.  Note that the ephemeral datastore discussed in I2RS
   documents maps to a control-plane datastore in the revised datastore
   model described here.

The other issue I have is with that control-plane data stores are shown
connected to applied and operational-state. Which control plane data stores are
directly influencing operational-state?

Also, in the diagram control-plane protocols are connected only to
operational-state data store. But isn’t the previous state exchanged via
control plane protocols taken into account when validating data that is copied
into applied data store?

Thx

Dean