Hi Antti,

> On Apr 8, 2024, at 10:52 PM, Backman, Antti <antti.back...@teliacompany.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Clint
>
> When reviewing the text I got wonder about couple of fairly minor things
> within section 3.1.1, specifically following sections / language:
>
> 3.1.1.1, 3.1.1.2 and 3.1.2.1,
>
> Should we use the name for TLS BR as it is written in the BR document front
> page “Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and Management of
> Publicly-Trusted TLS Server Certificates”? I would think the name reference
> is ambiguous as how it is now written in the text, due to the fact that we
> have S/MIME BR, how would you see this.

Great catch, I’ve updated these three instances to state "Baseline Requirements
for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted TLS Server Certificates”
instead of "Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and Management of
Publicly‐Trusted Certificates”.

> Then in regards to the links in the same sections to the TLS BR-document, is
> it an official practice to make direct reference to the Github for the BRs?
> I’ve understood that the published versions of the BRs are considered the
> official version of the documents, thus should be used as reference point in
> the language? I guess this is more for the clarity how such links should be
> prepared and embedded in to the CA/B governed documents and to understand
> that how stakeholders should treat the different copies of the same
> documentation published by CA/B.

I don’t believe there’s an official practice related to this. The EVGs don’t
seem to include a link at all, rather just the section number and document
title
(https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/blob/main/docs/EVG.md#72-by-the-applicant).
 The SBRs do include a link to the specific section being referenced
(https://github.com/cabforum/smime/blob/main/SBR.md#3221-validating-authority-over-mailbox-via-domain).
 Of the two methods of linking between documents, my personal preference is the
SBR approach, but I’m not particularly opposed to removing the links or
updating them if others feel strongly. For the moment, I’ve left them as-is.

I’ll push these changes later today, after the NSWG call in case there’s
further discussion.

Cheers!
-Clint