In article <20150429101112.GY23045@somnambulist.local>,
   Daniel Silverstone <dsilv...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure it's very realistic to expect project maintainers to
> continue to support a platform which none of them run and which has no
> active maintainer to help -- where despite there clearly being a number
> of engineers who still run the project and who have the requisite
> skills, noone can be found to provide what little support would be
> needed to keep the project on-track.  But I suppose that's how platform
> support atrophies and is eventually removed.

You have a very valid point.

RISC OS needs a good browser: its probable that if it had one, more people
would use it.

But it looks like most of us who use NS on RO are users, not programmers.
I have done a little programming, long ago. C I have no understanding of
at all. I have looked a C source code as one of our motor controllers was
programmed, and the source was in C. It left me colder than cold...

Maybe you, Daniel, or one of the other programmers should write a request
to comp.sys.acorn.programmer to see if you can interest anyone there in
joining the team. There may well be someone who is capable, could be
interested, but does not subscribe to this list.

I'd do it myself, but am in no position to know how easy it will be, or
what sort of things are involved.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats