In article <0fc224ac3bf.000003edd...@davehigton.me.uk>,
   Dave Higton <d...@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:
> I've become aware over the years since then that the big difference
> between children and adults is their attitude.  No-one tells children
> that they can't learn, and so they go through all their childhood
> years learning at an astonishing rate.  Then something happens, and
> they persuade themselves (or each other) that learning is no longer
> possible.

True.

But one thing age does teach you is judgement: it becomes far easier to
work out how much hassle the task is going to be, and that the reward is
not worth the hassle!

So you end up doing something else...

I gave up programming becasue it was too much hassle. Long ago (I'm now
71).

There are plenty of things I do enjoy learning about: except they tend
not to stick in my memory as much as of yore.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats