dave wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been trying to get my mouse (MS IntelliMouse v1.2A
> (PS/2)) wheel and third button working since I installed
> MDK9.0, but without any luck as of yet.
>
> I understand there is the 'gpm' mouse driver running the
> non-X environment mouse, and the mouse for X is defined in
> XF86Config - but I can't figure out what I need to do in
> order to get the wheel and button working.
>
> It's a pretty 'bog standard' old mouse, but solid and feels
> great to use, so i'd rather not give up on it just yet :)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> David Gallagher

David....try replacing the section concerning the mouse in
your current /etc/XF86Config-4 file with the below:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

save the changed file and then restart your xserver. :)
--
Alan