Em Qua 13 Nov 2002 21:21, Stephen Kuhn escreveu:

Wow! this is quite interesting!

MY machine is almost the same as yours, exceptions are 1600XP and 256mb pc2100
DDR !!!!

It was the finest install I have ever made!
Just dropped  in the mdk9 CD into the CD tray and watched the show!
It was a real nice experience since I made the machine myself and I was unsure
of my settings!

The Only big thing I found before buying this mobo was ***several***
recomendations (warnings) about the "relation" of  seagate HD and Linux!!
So, before install I've changed it to a Quantum 40Gb!!!

Then after, compiling and loading de NVidia 'rpms', the sound is loud and
clear as well the 3D (+acceleration)

If my sources are right.... Why don't you try another HD? just to eliminate
this possibility!

Really HTH,

Ricardo

Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user