Em Sab 16 Nov 2002 16:50, Stephen Kuhn escreveu:
> On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 01:40, Bruno Gunter wrote:
> > Hi all,

HI!

> > I tried to put a Allied modem to connect via ASDL in mandrake 9.0, I
> > tried several times and does not work.
> > I used:
> >  - DHCP server to take IP and DNs from the server (ISP);

That was MY mistake! Using the rp-pppoe you don need DHCP server up!
The very first hint at roaringpenguin is:
ifconfig eth0

That's it! But once in a while I run into troubles, I just check ifconfig and
see if there is ANY IP set! It it has... delete with ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0.
then:
adsl-setup & adsl-start

> > - RP-PPoE;
> > - I edited the files: /etc/ppp/firewall-standalone and
> > /etc/ppp/firewall-masq;

It was not necessary to me to make any modifications anywhere!

> > - I runned the adsl-setup;
> > And always appears to me: Your connection failed!

There must be an IP set to your eth0!

> > Anyone knows to resolve this ?

Hope so! ;-)

> > Bruno Gunter