Everyone keeps talking about the security...

what about the chance that he will accidently wipe his hard drive, and if
yours is a mounted directory he has write access to, some of yours as
well???

(back to security.)
how about when someone writes a virus that actually works well for linux??

he will trash his whole system, you will most likely just trash your users
files...

If none of that convinces him, then tell him to take the seatbelts and doors
off his car and go hooning at 100mph... he would probably do it...

An extra note.

Root on a unix box was added for security purposes, not admin purposes... if
it was for admin, any authed user could do it...
They wanted to limit the damage normal users could do.

Root/admin on a windows box was added as an after thought.. (copied (badly)
from unix I suspect.) and its as much a tool to deligate admin tasks as it
is a security precaution.. after all, in one of Microshafts latest OS's  all
users are root..

The solution???

block his PC from yours in your firewall rules.. and put his IP in
/etc/hosts.deny  (with ALL: in front of it)  :-)

rgds

Franki