-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 February 2003 1:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] SAMBA help?

Upon su-ing and entering "urpmi webmin" I get the
following errors...

1) unable to take medium "Updates for Mandrake Linux
0.9(ftp1u)" into account as no list file
[/var/lib/urpmi/list.Updates for Mandrake Linux 9.0
(ftp1u)] exists to satisfy dependencies, the following
packages are goint to be installed (36 MB):

 lsof-4.64-1mdk.i586
 perl-5.8.0-13mdk.i586
 perl-Authen-PAM-0.13.3mdk.i586
 perl-CGI-2.810-3mdk.noarch
 perl-Net_SSLeay-1.18-3mdk.i586
 webmin-0.990-6mdk.noarch

Is this OK? (Y/n) [I entered "Y" - and entered my
Install CD 1...]

2) unable to install package
/var/cache/urpmi/rmps/webmin-0.990mdk.noarch.rpm

I waited for the install to finish, then I tried the
"rpm -q webmin" again.  It still states "package webmin
is not installed"

Do I need to download the Webmin .rpm?

Thanks for all of the help,
PM

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 February 2003 04:06 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:
> > I don't think I have Samba services or Webmin
> > installed.  I'll run through the re-install and make
> > sure they are enabled...
> >
> > Thx,
> > PM
> >
> > Patrick Miller
> >
> > "I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than right
side
> > up at my desk"
> > - bumper sticker, 72 Volvo
>
> Wait a minute, info. - You don't have to re-install
> anything.
>
> To find out if you have webmin installed, open a
> console
> and type *rpm -q webmin*. Likewise with samba.
>
> If you don't have them, become root (su in a console)
> and
> just issue the command : *urpmi webmin*. Likewise
with
> samba.
>
> This re-install-thing is a hangover from you
> windows-days.
> In linux you can install most everything without
> rebooting.
>
> HTH
> Kaj Haulrich.
> Powered by Linux                -             Mandrake
> 9.0
> Registered Linux user # 214073 at <a
href="http://mail.pcmill.com/jump/http://counter.li.org";>http://counter.li.o
rg</a>