Passing Memory wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been trying to use FIPSto safely partition my
> HardDrive before installing Linux but it doesn't work.
>

> I keep having the following error:
>
> "Unknown File System"
>
> I tried on disk formatted by Windows XP and on another disk
> formatted by Windows 2000, but it fails on both.
>
> PLease help.
>

> Cheers.
>
> Passing!

you're running into trouble becasuse you'vebeen trying to
resize ntfs partitions.  you can download 'BootIt NG', a
shareware offering (it's uncrippled and comes with a 30 day
free trial license) from:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

and put the installer on a floppy.  i's self-booting and when
it starts you tell it you don't want to install and it then
becomes an in-memory partitioning/resizing tool that will
handle ntfs resizing.  if you decide you want to buy it after
the 30 day trial it's only $34.95.
--
Alan